Experience Worldclass Orthopedic Carewith Dr. Ritesh shah
Embarking on a journey towards Rapid Recovery shouldn't be a daunting task. We're committed to provide a seamless experience for our long-distance patients seeking high-quality hip and knee surgeries.
Ritesh Shah, MD, FAAOSFellowship Trained Orthopedic Surgeon
Your Rapid Recovery Journey Simplified
Overcoming The Challenges Of Traveling For Expert Orthopedic Care
We understand the challenges of traveling for medical treatment, so we’ve streamlined the process. Dr. Shah and his team offer telemedicine consultations for patients across the globe. We review your medical imaging and discuss treatment options from the comfort of your home, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free process.
Success Driven By Expertise & Experience
- Dr. Shah is among the highest-volume performing fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons in Chicago.
- Research repeatedly demonstrates that patients who choose high-volume, highly specialized, and experienced surgeons have significantly better outcomes, fewer complications, and return to regular lives without issues.
- Dr. Shah specializes exclusively in hip and knee surgeries, offering specialized care for our patients.
- During his fellowship at Washington University in St. Louis, Dr. Shah received specialized training in:
- Athletes, professionals, and leaders from all walks of life have sought our expertise to help them return to their active lives quicker and with less pain, thanks to our narcotic-minimized and less invasive surgeries.
- Dr. Shah has trained many surgeons in his surgical techniques, patient care pathways, and processes. These methods have been successfully replicated in hospitals, surgery centers, and patient care facilities across the globe, including countries such as France, Germany, Australia, South Africa, Colombia, and the United Kingdom.
Same-Day Hip Arthroscopy
As a national leader in hip arthroscopy with over 14 years of dedicated practice, Dr. Shah’s work has been instrumental in athletes’ successful return to their respective sports.
- Dr. Shah is one of the first fellowship-trained surgeons in Chicagoland to perform hip arthroscopy and the first at the Illinois Bone & Joint Institute (IBJI).
- Due to its technical complexity, hip arthroscopy should only be performed by surgeons specifically trained in this procedure.
- Studies indicate that hip or groin pain in young patients is often misdiagnosed and can persist for over three years, but hip arthroscopy can provide an effective treatment option.
- Hip arthroscopy can relieve pain and delay the need for hip replacement, especially in younger patients.
Same-Day Minimally Invasive Hip & Knee Replacement Surgery
Dr. Shah, renowned for his expertise in outpatient same-day discharge hip and knee replacement surgeries, has over a decade of experience in this field. He has performed thousands of minimally invasive procedures, helping patients walk within an hour post-surgery and return to their active lives quicker – a testament to his commitment to patient-centered care.
- Dr. Shah performs minimally invasive muscle-sparing surgery for outpatient total hip and knee replacements.
- Dr. Shah has over a decade of experience in outpatient same-day discharge hip & knee replacement surgery, making him one of the world’s most experienced surgeons in this field.
Hip Replacement Facts (THA)
- Same-day total hip arthroplasty (THA) is a passion for Dr. Shah. He started Same-day THA for Illinois Bone and Joint Institute, Lutheran General Hospital, and Illinois Masonic Medical Center.
- He was the first surgeon on the North Shore of Chicagoland to perform Same-day THA.
- He has written multiple peer-reviewed articles on THA and same-day THA.
- Recognizing the need for surgeon and team education, Dr. Shah invented digital software to help surgeons safely identify and manage patients who can have same-day THA surgery.
Knee Replacement Facts (TKA)
- Dr. Shah uses the latest evidence-based technology and implants for his procedures.
- Dr. Shah uses Patient-Specific 3D Printed Guides designed to fit precisely to your knee for optimal alignment, implant function, and longevity.
- Dr. Shah invented, designed & holds patents on instrumentation developed to enhance your surgery’s outcomes.
- Patients walk within an hour after surgery, climb stairs within 70-90 minutes, and go home within 90 minutes to 2 hours.
- Dr. Shah uses knee implants with a survivorship of over 98% after 18 years, with patient satisfaction scores of over 97%, industry-leading results.
Pre and Post-Op Physical Therapy:
We offer flexible post-operative physical therapy that can be performed in your home or your hotel room during your stay. Follow-ups are regularly scheduled before you leave Chicago and continue remotely via telemedicine.
Our clinics, hospitals, and surgical centers are conveniently situated approximately 10 miles from Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport and 20 miles from downtown Chicago’s iconic Magnificent Mile and museums.
Take a look at these award-winning accommodations nearby:
Schedule A Consultation
Are you experiencing hip or knee pain? Please complete our simple form, and we will call you shortly.